Main Research Areas
MAJOR AREAS OF RESEARCH AND INNOVATION ACTIVITY OF THE SUKHOI STATE TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF GOMEL FOR THE YEARS 2016 - 2020.
1. Simulation, optimization and control of electronic and electro-mechanical systems and devices.
2. Information technologies and modeling of physical and biomechanical systems.
3. Technical systems of the new generation, methods of improving their reliability and safety.
4. Effective technology in metal processing, metallurgy, foundry industry; improving the design of mobile machines and units.
5. Energy supply, energy conservation and energy efficiency.
6. Material, physical and chemical methods and technologies of producing new substances, materials, nanotechnology.
7. The mathematical and physical methods for studying fundamental interactions and the structure of matter.
8. The features of social and economic processes, institutions and mechanisms for sustainable development of Gomel region.
International Scientific and Technical Conferences are held at the University:
- International scientific and technical conference “Present-Day Problems of Engineering Science” (scientific readings in memory of P.O. Sukhoi);
- International scientific and practical conference “Strategy and Tactics of Industrial- Economic Systems”;
- International scientific conference “Mentality of Slavs and Integration Processes: History, Modern Times, Prospects”;
- International scientific and methodic conference “The Problems of Modern Education at the Technical Higher Education Institution “;
- International scientific and technical conference of students , postgraduate students and young scientists “Research and Development in Mechanical Engineering, Energetics and Management”;
- International scientific conference of the students, Master students and postgraduate students “Belarus in the Contemporary World”.
The University maintains scientific relations with the Abdus Salam International Center for Theoretical Physics, Joint Institute for Nuclear Research (the city of Doubna, Russia), Institute for Low Temperatures and Structural Study of Polish Academy of Science (the city of Wroclaw, Poland), the National Technical University of Ukraine “Kiev Polytechnic Institute” and with the number of scientific and educational centers of Germany, Norway, Spain and other countries.
There is a Research Sector functioning within the structure of the University.
The International Center for Advanced Studies was established at the University in cooperation with the International Intergovernmental Organization “Joint Institute for Nuclear Research” including eighteen countries.